|Hoffmann Geza: Re: Hoffmann de Szaszkabanya|
I’m happy hearing from you. I will send you further information, if you provide me with an e-mail address, eventual with your postal address as well. I don’t want all my family information share with the whole world.
My e-mail address is as follows: hoffmann.geza -k-u-k-a-c- chello -p-o-n-t- hu
As far as our family relation is concerned, the story is as follows:
I.) Ferenc von Hoffmann (born in Szászkabánya 11.23.1775, died in Oravica 5.27.1833), married with Johanna von Osmitz.They had 6 children:
1. Frigyes von Hoffmann (born in Újmoldova 5.13.1800, died Józsefháza 12.16.1879), married with Johanna Orbók von Kökös. You are a descendant of him.
2. Emilia Wilhelma von Hoffmann (born in Dognácska 3.25.1803)
3. Arnold von Hoffmann (born 7.19.1804 in Dognácska), married with Katharina Filipp.
4. János Móric von Hoffmann (born 7.29.1806 in Karánsebes, died 8.13.1852 in Dognácska), married with Lujza Abt von Apát. I’m a descendant of him.
5. Henriett Josefa von Hoffmann (born 4.18.1809 in Oravica, died 7.7.1855 in Oravica), married to Alajos Barray von Szevernyik.
6. Albertina Franciska von Hoffmann (born 5.30.1813 in Oravica, died 5.2.1873 in Oravica), married to Ferenc Szöllőssy von Nagyszöllős.
II.) János Móric von Hoffmann’s (1806-1852) family line (4 generations):
1. Géza Hoffmann von Szászkabánya (born 4.12.1847 in Resicabánya, died ? in Budapest), Oberst, married with Anna Leitner.
2. Géza Hoffmann von Szászkabánya (born 12.14.1875 in Resicabánya, died 5.7.1964 in Budapest), Major General, married with Matild Posojevich von Topusko.
3. Géza Hoffmann von Szászkabánya (born 4.30.1906 in Szeged, died 12.3.1976 in Stockholm), Major, married with Anna Görgényi, he got 3 children:
a. Annamária Hoffmann von Szászkabánya (born 1939 in Budapest), married to the swedisch diplomat Thomas Palme. They live in Stockholm.
b. Géza Hoffmann von Szászkabánya (born 1940 in Budapest), married with Dr.Sarolta Csányi
c. György Hoffmann von Szászkabánya (born 1941 in Budapest), married with Civilingenjör Viktoria Kádár. They live in Gotenburg (Sweden).
My father and grand father had lost connection to your part of the Hoffmann family. I heard recently, that a cousin of your mother, Vilmos von Hoffmann participated in the family related celebrations in Ruszkabánya in this year's April.